Sunday, January 6, 2013

PADI Divemaster exams and Urchin Killing!

It's is now officially one month here in Dive and Sea Tenerife, time is really flying so fast.
I had some time off this week so i had an opportunity to prepare myself very well on my Divemaster exam. I studied the Divemaster book very well and finished, revised and corrected the knowledge reviews and I also went through the Rescue manual.

Sunrise Tenerife

It was so much fun having Dennis' and Andreas' girlfriend's around. They came for 3 or 4 days and they also brought Dennis' guitar all the way from Denmark. We were seriously thinking of buying a second hand guitar here in Tenerife so they saved us the hassle..
We spent lovely evenings on their couch in the balcony to the sounds of the guitar and Leah s voice. Just amazing!
Divemaster internship

There are two parts in the Divemaster exam, I thought I was going to complete the two parts on separate days but I really just wanted to get it over with.
I knew that I passed the Divemaster test with 96% on the first part and 90% on the second part.
So I went back home relaxed with a sense of achievement!
In any case, reading the Divemaster manual in the future will be much more fun!

In the morning we had two project AWARE dives which was something I was really looking forward to since I came to Tenerife.
We will have the opportunity to do at least a couple more project AWARE dives while we are here but the first two was to remove as many sea urchins in yellow mountain as we can.
Sea urchins reproduce very fast and they are a major threat to the local ecosystem as they have no local predators.
Blacktail Coomber

To make things more interesting we had a small competition, the one with the most confirmed kills wins a project AWARE t shirt.
Dennis did a great job with a staggering 280 kills.
When we came back to the shop we practiced some skills in the pool and it is always nice to see improvements in the whole team.
Canarian Lobster

The following day was an easy, nice and productive day. It was funny because I was just thinking about that on my way to the shop then the first thing we did to start our day was jumping in the pool in the early morning to have our official timed 400m swim.
It wasn't my best time I did but scored a 4 out of 5. We also practiced some skills in the pool then I started reading the Encyclopedia of Recreational diving which turned out to be very informative and very interesting!

Grey Trigger fish

I had very significant checkpoints this week like passing the Divemaster exam, timing our swims and Project Aware dives.
We had interesting times and loads of achievements and now it's time to look forward for a start of a new month, in Dive and Sea Tenerife.

No comments:

Post a Comment