Friday, March 8, 2013

Wreck Diving and Sting Rays in Tenerife


Back with my blog again.

Today I have a day off. I think it is better this way because I've got somewhat of a hangover from last night. Yesterday we all went out for dinner and a musical. We had a really good time with everybody from the shop and a couple of Pete and Melissa’s friends. so today I am just relaxing trying to get my head straight for tomorrow’s dives.

Danish Divemaster


This has been a truly amazing week. This week I finally became a fully certified PADI Divemaster, Wohoo! It feels great to wear my Divemaster t-shirt down in the shop.

The dives this week has been fantastic. We've been to completely new places for me and I finally went diving at Tabaiba after being there twice without diving.

The first dive I had this week was with Alice, Lydia, Mahmoud and Dennis, just outside the marina. We've only been there once before during last week, so we really enjoyed seeing some new stuff.

The next dive was the famous Tabaiba.
I've been really excited to go diving here, because it is a really nice place, so I could only imagine that it must be nice under water as well. Besides that, there is of course the wreck.

Wreck Diving Tenerife

Having never seen a wreck before I was looking forward to see it. We went there so that Lydia could do her wreck speciality and the dive went so well. I loved the site so much.
It is the deepest dive I have had, I think about 31 meters, and the wreck was so cool.
Besides it is always going to be a great day when you can stand on a beach where you are going diving and just of the coast you see Dolphins jumping out of the water. truly a nice view.

Next day we had a new dive site for me as well.
We were going to El Delphin, which is actually in the middle of nowhere between the marina and Yellow Mountain.
At first we went down at a really deep place. I think there might have been about 40 meters of water, but we just had a fairly long swim in midwater, trying to spot some Angel sharks.

Divemaster Internship Tenerife

I saw a huge Ray lying on the bottom. It must have been 3 meters across the wings. When we got to the dive site it was really good.
Out there all the regular fish are bigger and we get to see some new species that I haven't seen before. For example a saw two very big Canarian Lobsters and loads of other cool stuff.

This week I also went to Las Eras. 
I like the rock formations and of course the pipeline where there is always a huge diversity in life and it is kinda funny to just drift along the pipeline looking into every crack wondering what you're going to see.
We found some Morays, which is always nice to see, but unfortunately no Rays or Octopus.

That's it for this week. Now I'm going to return to my duties of sunbathing and drinking coke.

Talk to ya after christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment