Saturday, March 23, 2013

Note to self...... Dont be late..... again!


The Teide volcano was looking at us, wearing this beautiful immaculate white hat...

The water was so clear and turquoise waiting to offer this nature treasure.
The last time I went diving it was 2 years ago in calpe 5 (méditeranéa) for my OWDcourse.
For me, it was just amazing to dive again. Such a good feeling off freedom when you take your first breath underwater...

PADI Divemaster candidate Emelyne

So the first day started early and I met Adalberto, who is Spanish and is going to be completing the internship at the same time as me.  Now he has a new name Gary and my new name is Brian, we are snails from cartoon shows because we are so slow…….

We started off with some reminder exercises in the swimming pool called a scuba tune up. it was easy to remember for me.   Then we started our Induction day with Alice telling us all about the Divemaster internship and what we would be doing.

El Teide Canary Islands

The next day very early !!! we put all the diving equipment in the super Jumpy and we went to the marina for real diving !!! 
It  was the deep adventure dive. We went to Poco Naufragio, 28m deep. During the dive we saw a friendly ray, she came very close to us several times, swimming around. I imagined that she was waiting for some food! Maybe I was a ray in other life .... always looking for some food, love food!
After that we went for two other dives, the first was my boat diver adventure one. 

Common Ray

The second day start at 7 o'clock. Kim our beautiful Instructor for the Divemaster; show to Gary and I how to properly assemble the diving kits,  and everything we must know to be able to do it by ourself the day after.

She is very calm and patient and she explain everything very well. All the details were very important we cant forget anything so always double or triple check!!!
After that you have to carry the right number of tanks from the shop to the car. The super jumpy is park very close but with the weight off the tanks it looks further ! Lots of information at 7 o clock!!!

Abades Tenerife

Everything is all right we were a bit longer than we should be but we are learning... last checking and rechecking in case! and off we go for diving again, we went to a new place known as yellow mountain for a Peak Performance Buoyancy course.  
It was a bit windy and the boat was rolling enough to make me sea sick... I do not miss this feeling at all! 

After we went to  another place named Swim through. i let you imagine why... a big cave with a big hole in it to swim through all in it; so beautiful ...
We came back to the marina and we start to learn how to clean all of the kit after the dive.

We have to hurry up all the time it is very intensive. Carrying kit and tanks  again and again, washing, storing, daily jobs , weekly job...... In the afternoons we usually study swim or playing Mcgyver fixing all we can fix.

I  like to do that very much. the working day finish by a short debrief.  You sleep very well after a day like that but the night is very short...
Yellow Mountain Tenerife

I finally arrived on time at 6.45 and I started to prepare the kit by myself with Alice’s supervision. It was perfect diving conditions.  the sea was glassy very clear, no wind and sunny. 
We make 2 dives one off them was a deep one at Poco Naufragio with the rays and Moray eels so we could see them very clearly they were so close to us.

Diving in Tenerife

Another early morning and we started in the swimming pool for a Discover Scuba Diving session and then off we went shore diving in  Abades, I was helping  Jake our friendly customer for his first dive in  the ocean.  It was pretty good and I enjoyed it a lot diving with my new "one day" buddy! 

He looked like he was very happy in the nemo world! 
So welcome Jake to the diving addiction club!
Why are you waiting to join us friendly blog lecturer? !!!

Emelyne (Brian)

No comments:

Post a Comment