Wednesday, October 17, 2012

1st Week and almost 19!

I just had my first week and I’m sitting with my laptop writing my First blog ever.

I will start with introducing myself. My name is Lydia and I’m 18 (almost 19) years young. I’m from Holland and started my Divemaster internship as a PADI Open Water Diver. 

PADI Divemaster internship in Tenerife

It’s my first time here in Tenerife and I’m really exited about being here. I started diving in Turkey with my brother , and we also went diving in Egypt.

In my opinion, the first week here is a lot to learn and to remember. Lucky for me, the other intern Sam , who is already a Padi Rescue Diver, is very nice and has been helping me a lot.

I finished the chapters I had to do of the Adventure Diving book. It should be forbidden to use that many difficult words. Unfortunately English isn’t my first language!

On the first day Melissa took Sam and me to the toyshop (the diveshop) where I started trying on wetsuits. After a while I finally found a great wetsuit, perfectly fitting and really comfortable. It’s an Aqualung suit and Pete has one the same make as well, so I just know it’s a very good wetsuit.

PADI Open Water Diver in training

Sam and I had 2 pool sessions. The First pool session was to see where we’re at with the skills.
The second pool session went way better, already improving our skills.
My first dive was a shore dive in Abades with Alice and saw a lot kind of fishes, I saw a Cuttle fish and I saw an Arrowcrab. Those are really funny animals.

Diver in Tenerife with Arrowcrab

We also went on a dive boat and it was so much fun, you need to hold on or you bouncing off the boat.

Cuttle fish in Tenerife

I saw a Fire worm, Cleaner shrimps and a Barracuda at the second dive and a Fangtooth Moray Eel.

Barracuda

The greatest dive was diving with Turtles, one Turtle came really really close and it was amazing!

Othe than learning everything about diving and equipment, I also learned a lot about cleaning.

1. I learned that sweeping and mopping are two different things and it’s not just a funny way to say mopping.
At the end of the day I just said sweaping and swopping.

2. I learned that you need hot water when you clean and it’s also a pretty good idea to use cleaning liquid.

3. I learned how to dust, this went pretty well.

4. And I learned how to clean windows. Well I’m starting to learn because I didn’t do a great job. I was standing, bending and boiling behind the windows in the hot sun.

Moray Eel Tenerife

The biggest surprise this week, probably the biggest surprise in my life happened last week. I was focused on listening to Alice when two people walked in. I had a quick look and realised those two people were my Mom and my Stepdad visiting me in Tenerife.


I was in shock for a few minutes. They came to surprise me for my birthday which is on the 12th of October.

I’m really happy with my parents being here. It’s gonna be hard to see them leave again.

I hope you enjoyed reading it. I surely enjoyed living it.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment