Saturday, October 27, 2012

Best Dive Ever?.............................. Probably :-)


This week started on a low for me this week, I had boat cover.

When I wasn't sitting in the middle of the boat sea sick, I’d be having stern hand gestures with inconsiderate French divers who were anchoring too close to our boat.

Luckily for me this week got considerably better as the week went on.

Dolphins in Tenerife

The first dives of this week was with Turtles, it really tickled my fancy so I had delayed my day off so that I could go. Definitely worth it. The first of the two dives was with the friendly Turtle, it was obviously used to being fed by other dive schools and thus spent a lot of time coming incredibly close, so much so that the Turtle would touch you, or its fins would hit my regulator hose.

Tenerife

The second dive was just as good if I’m honest, the next Turtle wasn't quite as interested in us but more so in the cotton spinner it was attempting to eat. In fact the Turtle was so oblivious to us being there that Melissa was able to clean the bits of line and plant off it. Two of the best dives I've had since being here.

Turtle in Tenerife

Even when we weren’t looking for Turtles, there’s plenty of other things to see, the very bright blue Sea Anemone  or the incredibly large Trumpet fish. Saying that I’m very easy to please and even the Blue Finned Damsels that are a dime a dozen are still nice to see and just as colourful and impressive as when I first saw them.

My day off! Finally! Really wasn’t half as exciting as I planned it to be. I ended up spending it sleeping and working on my Divemaster book. That is literally it, I have nothing else to say about it, sad I know.

Next up, Poco Naufragio. Unfortunately for me and Lydia we were restricted to 18 meters as she hadn't quite finished her PADI Advanced course yet, but we still got an incredible view, others on the dive were Alice and a returning customer called Matt, whom is very bubbly and has a weird obsession with Sexy Shrimp. They went down a bit deeper than us and got to play with a Common Eagle Ray, it was swimming around them and it looked so comfortable around divers, which is just something I’m not so use to.

Sting Rays

I don’t know why I’m complaining about not being able to get close to the Ray, the shelf that is at 18 meters, has a massive array of fish and lots to see. There’s bream, parrot fish, star fish and morays, all of which is easily enough to keep me entertained for the duration of a dive.

Brown Moray Eel

The final few dives of the week was with two customers named Anna and Thomas. Tom was doing his scuba review whilst Anna was starting her journey to PADI Open Water diver. The first dives of the day were in the pool and I got to assist Pete instruct the first confined dive with Anna. When I say assist I really mean prop up Anna in case she falls over, but it is great fun to see someone instruct the courses.

PADI Open Water

Once the pool dives were over we headed out to Yellow Mountain for a couple of dives, both went very well, and Anna has since completed all her open water dives with just the exam to pass before she is fully qualified.

That’s it for this week, I've now been here over two weeks and it has flown by, looking a head to another six more weeks of hard graft and hopefully good dives.

Sam ~ aka Popeye



No comments:

Post a Comment