Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthdays, Turtles and more diving in Tenerife

My second week is already over and Lucky us, we had two days off.

I got my day of and went to El Medano with my mom.
We had a lot to learn and remember and I did a lot of studying as well. So it felt great to relax and not to think about all those things for a day. The sun was shining and I had ice cream, how much better could it be?

Back to "work" and we have been diving at El Puertito with Emma and Rob to see the turtles and it was so amazing, at first I didn’t see turtles so I thought: ‘where are the turtles?’


Then there just came one from behind me and I was like wow that’s super cool.
Actually this was Sam's day off,  but he switched it so he could dive with turtles, I don’t think he regrets this.

So, Melissa told us that Emma was and is and probably will stay the best intern ever and we heard a lot of good stories about her, so it was really nice to meet her. Emma is a really nice person and her boyfriend Rob was very nice as well.


I have been diving and I saw beautiful animals and fish, like a Common Eagle Ray and a Cuttle Fish. I saw Parrot fish and very colorful Ornate Wrasse. I even enjoyed the Wide-Eyed Flounders, which are really funny.
I also had boat cover, but I don't mid as fortunately, I don’t have to get seasickness like Sam!


And in this week I got my Boat Diver specialty, so that’s the first out of the five I have to do for my PADI Master Scuba Diver.

Friday was my birthday and to be honest I thought everyone forgot about it.
But after work we all had a drink and suddenly everyone said happy birthday and they had this beautiful birthday cards, there was even a cake.
It really surprised me, and it made me really happy.


Alice took Sam, me and a customer diving at Poco Naufragio, this is a really nice dive site because there is this little boat and you can play with Sting Rays. But as I am just an Open Water Diver I couldn't go deeper than 18 meters, and the stingray was deeper than 18 meter.
I also saw a Dusky Silver Grouper, which is a big fish. Oh, oh! AND I had my 50th dive that day!!


I then had my second day off. Everyone got a day off except for Melissa, so that was really nice of her. I mostly spend my day reading, but in the evening I went to a very nice Italian restaurant with my mom and I enjoyed that very much.

This week I really realized that I really need to move up my tempo, I have to be quicker doing everything. We were really Lucky with the costumers we had, because some of them were really helpful,
But we can’t depend on costumers because it’s not their job to carry around tanks and equipment, their job is to enjoy their dives, just have fun and relax.


Oh, by the way. Before I forget to tell, Melissa and Pete decided to call Sam and Me, Popeye and Olive Oil. So if you ever see those names, you know who they’re talking about. It’s kind of my fault that we’re called Popeye and Olive Oil because I kept saying: ‘’Oh Sam, you’re so strong.’’

Lydia (Olive Oil)


No comments:

Post a Comment