Tuesday, November 6, 2012

PADI Advanced course and more Dolphins


So, that was already my third week and I accomplished a lot this week.

Since this week I am a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, I got my Navigation Specialty, my Fish Identification Specialty and I only need one more deep dive to get my Deep Diver Specialty.
I got my 60th dive this week, I saw dolphins and I was finally able to dive with the stingray.


Tuesday was actually my first time ever to have 3 dives in a day.
The first dive was Pequeño Valle and I saw a beautiful Common Eagle Ray. The second dive was at El Delphin, this dive site got this name because there is a Dolphin statue on the bottom of the sea. .  And the third dive was at Starfish Bay, and you all can guess how this dive site got its name.
And finally after searching and searching I found the Garden Eels, Sam told me about this eels and I didn’t see them on the dive where he saw them a few times. So it was really nice to finally see them, they’re really funny. They stick out of the sand and when you swim closer you can actually see their eyes and everything but when they notice you, they quickly hide in the sand.


The next day I had 2 very nice dives at Yellow Mountain and Crocodile Rock, at the first dive I was using natural references to sort of lead the dive with Pete. And we had a beautiful ending of those 2 dives. We saw the dolphins and it was awesome to see them, all the customers were very happy, and so were Pete, Alice, Sam and I.
That was a very special moment of the day. But unfortunately this day has a less good side as well, this day my mommy and stepdad went back to Holland and I was really sad to see my mommy leave, but I’m a big girl.

Thursday was a very, very, very nice day. We only had 1 customer Matt so we only had to prepare 4 kits and there were just 8 tanks and washing only 4 kits. We had 2 great dives at Abades, it was Sam’s first time to lead a dive so that was exiting, but it was sad that he got a bit lost. Lucky for him Melissa was there to point him the right direction and I’m sure next time will be better.


The dives themselves were great, we saw a Fangtooth Moray Eel and a Hermite Crab with a very big shell. We also saw a Frog fish, first I thought it was a crab but it was a fish. Unfortunately the Frog fish wasn’t really interested in being photographed. Melissa, Matt and Sam saw a lot more great things but I was focused on a very cute Pearly Razor fish. The dives really were very nice, I liked seeing the Cardinal fish because I don’t see them a lot and I always enjoy seeing Wide-eyed Flounders.

The next day wasn’t so easy, Sam and I had to draw a map of Crocodile Rock. My map really failed, if someone would ever use it they would get lost. They would probably end up in Cran Granaria. Sam's  map looked way better than mine, even though I wouldn’t use that one either!


But we did have a very funny pool session. Pete took Sam and me to the pool so that Hannah could practice her Discover Scuba Diver skills towards students. So we pretended to be students and we had never dived before. So Hannah was trying to teach us skills and Pete, who was behind her, signaled Sam or me to do the skill wrong. So we kept doing it wrong until Pete signaled ’OK’. Apparently there are really students like we pretended to be.
It was a lot of fun and it was very helpful as well.
Sam and I definitely saw a lot of water today because we also had to do an 800 meter swim.


Saturday we were diving at Poco Naufragio and this time I could go deeper than 18 meters, so I could look at the Stingray. It came really, really close and I could touch it very carefully. I specially took my gloves off so that I could feel the Stingray too.

And Sunday I had a day off again. I finished my Rescue book, made my Emergency Action Plan and I gave my map another try but that didn’t really work out.

Lyida

No comments:

Post a Comment