Sunday, November 18, 2012

My First Halloween Party Ever!


What a lovely week, 3 days off and my first Halloween party ever.


I’m going to try my best to write an interesting blog for all those millions of people who are probably reading my blog every week, or maybe at least my mom.

The best thing of the week was to meet the new interns. We have Mahmoud from Egypt, two Danish guys Dennis and Andreas and we have a lovely girl Angela from Germany.
Mahmoud and Angela are starting as PADI Advanced Open Water divers so I can’t wait to practice the Rescue diver and EFR skills with them.
Dennis and Andreas are starting their PADI Open Water diver course, so that’s going to be very exciting for them since Dennis hasn’t been diving before and Andreas told me he did dive 2 dives a while ago. I hope I can teach them something as well without making them earn beer fines.


So I had 3 days off thanks to the new interns. I had a lot of fun during these days off. Thursday I just spend most of my day reading and relaxing. Saturday I took Mahmoud to El Medano where I finally had the churros which I wanted for week, and in the evening we went with all the interns to the Chinese wok where we had a very nice diner and we went to a few bars.
On Sunday I had a day off with Dennis, Andreas and Angela. So we all took our books and went to a nice place where we could read our books.


Melissa took me and Frank to Abades point and Abades beach. It was a very cold, grey and rainy day. The visibility wasn’t very great and when you get out of the water you don’t really want to take of your wetsuit because it’s so, so cold. But since I didn’t dive for quite a while I enjoyed every part of it. We saw an Octopus and we saw a lot of Scorpion fish.

My first Halloween party and I was very excited about that. So after a day of ‘’work’’ we all went home to dress up and we had a delicious and fun dinner at Big Al’s.
Everyone looked amazing in there Halloween costumes. Pete was dressed as Zorro, Melissa was a very sexy miss devil, Alice looked amazing in her army outfit, Sam was of course dressed as Popeye, Dennis was Harry Potter, Andreas was a dangerous Pirate, Angela being even more dangerous being a witch, Mahmoud was Mahmoud with a red wig, an axe and a very, very big mustache and I was dressed as super girl.
We all had lots of fun and I’m sure we have some great pictures. After diner we went to a few bars where we had some drinks and sang karaoke  after a very fun evening we all took a taxi back, since nobody was able to drive us back.

On Friday I had boat cover while Dennis and Andreas where doing their first open water dive with Pete which was very exciting for them and Alice was diving with some costumers from Morocco.


It was cold and it was raining and the wind didn’t make it any better to be on the boat, but as people say; ’after rain comes sunshine’. When we came back in the marina, Melissa and the other interns were already back from the shore dive they had that day and they were already washing their kits.

What a messy time was that, trying to wash kits with 4 new interns. It’s great having new interns but Sam and I really have to get used to it because we have been doing it together for the last 4 weeks.


Oh, and another good thing this week, Sam and I did our 100 meter tow  (even though it was in the rain) and we did our 400 meter swim and our 15 minute float, so that’s done.

And I did my EFR Exam which I unfortunately failed at the first time, but the second time I passed with a great score

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment