Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Urchin kill's, DSD's and I found out im a Master craftsman!

Monday I ate food and then came into work at 7 AM. We set up kit and went to Yellow Mountain and I may have been on boat cover.
Either way the boat is still safe and Hannah still can’t do boat cover very well :)

Chilling watching the Dolphins between dives

Tuesday was a complete turn around, it was probably comparable to  what everyone thought of E=MC^2 after Einstein thought of it. I don’t want to toot my own horn but my performance was easily at the top, and even though some interns(I don’t want to name names…Hannah) might think that this is all just a game, it definitely is not.

Me (Eric) sitting nicely :)

I actually did boat cover on Tuesday though, it’s all coming back to me. I was fantastic though,its really not a surprise though.
Wednesday I got to go to El Puertito with Melissa and Will and 3 customers doing DSD's. We saw the baby turtle and that also put me at 59 dives, which meant that I was going to beat Hannah to becoming a Divemaster.
Dolphins return after their holiday

Thursday I had the day off and really didn't do all that much except lay on the couch and sleep, then that night I watched a movie called Triangle which was about the creepiest movie I have ever seen and it made it much more difficult to sleep because my mind wouldn't shut off.
Then Friday we went to El Puertito again for my 60th dive. I was immensely tired that day but I did become a PADI Divemaster and I beat Hannah to it by at least 3 days. So it was completely worth it.
We went to El Delphin Saturday and Sunday which was an awesome dive site, and starfish bay was full of sea urchins.
Brown Moray Eel

So Saturday Theiss and I got slightly carried away while carrying out a sea urchin genocide. They were taken completely by surprise, the ambush was perfect. We came at them from above with knives in our hands and no remorse in our hearts. We then got told to stop and the cry of joy from the remaining sea urchins was deafening.  I’ve been having hearing issues ever since.

Nudibranch in Tenerife

Sunday I also got to start on crafting a new drying rack for the BCD’s and wetsuits. It will easily be the best rack up there. Able to hold an elephant I would wager, probably capable of withstanding hurricane force winds and so stable that it could withstand an earthquake of 9.0 or greater on the Richter scale. I can’t speak highly enough of my craftsmanship.

That was the cherry on the top of my week. Done.

Eric

Dolphins racing along in front of RIB

No comments:

Post a Comment