Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Im a PADI Divemaster............... Yeehaa

On Wednesday we headed off to El Puertito with 3 customers, Jesper, Paul and David.

The turtles were really friendly and swimming alongside us – I love the turtles!


Eric lead the second dive as we went to the left of the bay and we saw a plainhead file fish for the first time which was pretty cool. Later on I helped time the newer interns timed swims.


On Thursday we all had our medical so we are all fit for diving. Afterwards Eric and I went for a cooked breakfast at the Aberdeen and then went off killing black long spinned sea urchins in true Project AWARE fashion with our snorkel and dive knives although turns out im not very good at holding my breath so only killed a few from the shore.
I had two days off in a row this week which was a first and unheard of!
On Saturday Melissa, Will, Cassandra, Malene and I went off to Abades with Jim who was doing his DSD. He seemed to really love his first diving experience and keen to do more which is really great to see. Malene, Cassandra and I were jotting down all the aquatic life we could identify and we managed to make a pretty big list. I saw a blacktail comber which is pretty cool.


On Sunday all us interns, Pete, will and Alice went to El Delfin on the boat, I had never been to that dive site before, it’s a really nice dive site and I logged my 60th dive so I am now officially a PADI Divemaster! 
We saw a couple of trigger fish, a sleepy round sting ray, a fangtooth moray eel and quite a few glasseyes. The visibility was really good. Getting back on the boat I felt pretty seasick, we then went along to a pipeline where we saw several stingrays underneath the pipeline and a little school of red mullets amongst several others!

There were some impressive anemones on those dives as well. When I was doing the brief for the last dive I was chucked in the ocean, mid-sentence whilst being filmed which was pretty mean but entertaining all the same.

Click here to check out Hannah's video !

In the afternoon Eric and I finished off our PADI Divemaster paperwork and then we were scored on our professional attributes before I went off to the pool to help the newer interns with their pool skills.

I only have a week left!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment