Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Now Im called Nemo?.....................

Hello, my name is Will Howorth and this week was my first week of my internship here at Dive and Sea Tenerife, although currently I’m known as Nemo (not to my best of likes but will soon get use to it). After meeting the other new interns and old I was excited to start my intern and get into the water!

PADI Divemaster Internship

My first day consisted of learning the robes with a gripping powerpoint given by instructor Will which have general information about the dive centre and the course. Then went down to the dungeon where the kit is kept to learn bundling and the correct kit for each person. After which we help with the cleaning and drying of the kit.

Tuesday morning was a 7 o’clock start which was hard at first but have got use to it other the week. That day I helped with the packing of the kit for that days diving then down to yellow mountain for the first two dives of my intern!. I was budded with Will and apart from a painful squeeze in my ears the two dives went well with some interesting aquatic life to spot.
PADI Divemaster Skills

On Wednesday I helped with tanks and then back to yellow mountain for another two dives. I observed two customers Michelle and Georgia during their peak buoyancy part of their advanced diver course. My ears where much better this day so the dives went amazing and I really enjoyed my dives. The rest of the day I spent doing some rescue diver course and helping out with daily jobs around the shop like drying and backing away the gear and helping maintain the shop, then we went down to the pool with Melissa and practice some of are dive skills. Its lot different then when leaning them as open water skills as you have to learn the correct way to teach them. Mine were alittle ruff around the sides but im sure after some practice I will learn the correct way to do them.

Thursday was a non dive day for me. In the morning we set up the gear and helped with the loading of the tanks then went down to the pool with will again to practice some skills, I went down with Bruce, Cassandra and Boyce. Cassandra and Boyce have been interns for awhile so it was good to see them do their skills knowing that at one point they were in my shoes to. After we waiting for the boat divers to come back and again help out with all the kit.
Diving Tenerife

Friday was my first day of! Which was really nice as I could wake up later than 7 o’clock and I has a chance to get through the rest of my rescue diver course and spend some time with my mum and sister in los christanous who had come other to visit for awhile, why they choose the first week I was there I have no idea but everyone to their selves.
Diving navigation skills

Saturday was the first day we had spent with out the interns who were here previous to us which was harder than I thought It was as they wernt their for us to ask the questions and for them to help us out with jobs. That day went well. The two dives were amazing the first of all called Paco Naufraco which was a deep dive. My sister was a customer that day aswell so it was nice diving with her. That dive was amazing we some almost everything you could ask for with a huge common eagle ray which welcomed us on as desent. After the dives we cleaned all the kit and dried it which again was more changeling without the help from the other interns but we made it through the day with success!

Sunday we went to El’Puertito a beautiful bay were the turtles live which was an exciting prosect to look forward to. The first dive I assisted on a discover scuba diver course which went okay, the customers wernt weighted enough which ment they found it hard to hold buoyancy and stay on the bottom but the second dive they hadn’t booked so I was budded with an open water diver who was really good and we sore two turtles! Their so peaceful and majestic which just adds to the thrill of diving with them.

All in all I had a amazing first week and looking forward to the two months ahead of me as well as all the amazing dive sites that im going to visit and the amount of experience that I will gain from the staff at Dive and Sea Tenerife.

No comments:

Post a Comment