Friday, February 24, 2012

My First week on the Divemaster Internship in Tenerife~ Harry

Induction on day one, done, and out of the way we could get cracking on our internship.
I arrived as a PADI Rescue Diver, and my fellow intern Kim arrived with no previous experience other than a try dive in Holland.


So straight in the water we get, on the second day, with Kim's PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience.
Brilliant experience for me as I plan to go on to be a PADI Instructor. (and also good practice ironing out some "creases" in my own skills).
I managed to get 7 dives in this week, it would have been more but unfortunately i had a cold and was told to take time off so no one else would catch it :-(
This is where my nick name of "Sick note" came from, fair enough i suppose :-)
The Dive sites we visited were as follows:


Alien Rock
Yellow Mountain Swim Through
Abades Point
Abades Beech
San Miguel North


All brilliant sites. with an abundance of aquatic life, far more than I had ever seen before.








But then reality hit, we weren't here just to look at all the fish, we soon realised we needed to be able to identify all the fish we saw in case a customer asked us what a certain fish was!


And this, at first was quite a task, but i feel we managed it, with lots of checking in the fish identification books available at the Dive Centre.


It was an exciting and eye opening experience.


http://www.diveandseatenerife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment