Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My second week on my Divemaster internship ~ Harry


The beginning of the week I was still ill..........no diving for harry!

First day back and Melissa took Kim and I off to El Puertito, where we got to interact with the resident family of Turtles.

Today was a very cold day in the water (18 degrees, but felt colder). 1st dive was to observe a PADI Advanced Course, also acted as the students Buddy and make sure she didn’t just bugger off to Gran Canaria and forget to use their compass,  all was good.

2nd dive was PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy. but it was nippy. so on a safety stop the biggest jelly fish anyone could imagine sneaked up on me and stung me on the only exposed area it could find.....about an inch gap between my regulator on my left cheek to my wet suit hood,  little bugger (he was in fact a baby Jelly fish) but bloody hell its quite a sting.

Didn’t quite feel up to asking anyone if the “xxxxx” (urinating) on a sting really works, especially on my face!
Woke up the next morning and where i had got stung looked like my skin had melted off.

Came into work Monday and the ridicule started, my own stupid fault, as i should have just put vinegar on it not some random ointment the chemist gave me.

We also went back to Yellow Mountain for a few Dives, to get more familiar with the sites and fish!

This week is when i realised my 5-4-3mm wetsuit was just not keeping the cold out, I had to get an additional 5mm shortie with hood.  This made a dramatic difference.

We revisited El Puertito again at the end of the second week with Melissa, this was good as it gave us further knowledge of the topography and lay out of another dive site that is very popular.

End of week two and it was time for my PADI Dive Master Exams.

Dive Master exams complete.. 90% if only I had read the questions properly it would have been 100%.

This week I feel I gained more confidence with my skills and the ability to orientate myself at different sites.


More from me later

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment