Saturday, June 9, 2012

Divemaster exams passed..... Hurrah !!!


Its hard to believe that just 3 weeks ago I was a open water diver


This week I have completed my PADI Deep Diver, Boat Diver, and Fish ID specialties. Now I have only a few more dives to do and one more speciality before I can apply for my Master Scuba Diver certificaiton! 

On my deep dive I managed to take twice as long on a childs toy than it took me to complete on the surface, which was funny for Pete and Rodders to watch. The site we went to for my deep dive, we had never been to before, so we are still trying to name it, but there were many amazing animals such as Angel Sharks, Stingrays, Moray Eels, and many awesome fish. 

My second fish ID dive was the best dive I have done since I came to Tenerife, there were so many different invertebrates and fish that I had never noticed before.

I have also got a new nickname Whinney, and you have to say it in a silly American accent. They gave me this nickname is since they all believe I whine to much. 

Phil from Teide Divers came down with their intern, Kepa.
I managed to pass all of mine except for two, pretty good going after just two weeks. After a quick break we headed off down to San Miguel marina where Rodders, Kepa, and I did two of our stamina assessments. I am really happy I managed to score a three on the 800 M and a four on my 100 M. All that swimming has definately payed off.

Friday was another fun day since we took Karina and Adel to El Puertito to see the family of Turtles who live in the small spanish bay, its such a beautiful site with so much to see and really easy entrance, despite the poor visability we still managed to find three Turtles. 
Karina and Adel were very happy that they got to see the Turtles before they left back to Scotland. 
What a fantastic relief to me I passed my Divemaster exams with a 95% on the first half and a 85% on the second half. Its great to see that when I study hard the results are good! 

So at the end of the week we had our day from hell! 
On the first day of my internship Pete told us that we would have one day that literally every thing we will mess up, and he was right. 
We were taking out a DSD, scuba review diver, and a snorkeler. I wont go into detail but to be short Rodders and I did not do one thing right, Pete was very disappointed in us but then after we went over the debrief he was very nice about it all. 
I am happy that I am so close to becoming a Divemaster, with only a few more skills in the pool to finish and a few more dives to log. 
Hurrah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment