Monday, June 11, 2012

Pete was right............ as always !


Well another great week here at Dive and Sea Tenerife, found a new Deep Dive site with loads of nice marine life.  Fang Toothed Moray Eels, Black Moray Eels, large Common Ray, big Painted Comber and a grumpy Angel Shark that didn’t  like been woken up by Pete, as it swam away it’s left side pectoral fins wasn’t  moving so understand why is was grumpy.

Aaron has done two PADI Specialty deep dives, Pete had him doing a bit of math and kid’s shape puzzle to show how Nitrogen affects us at depth, 8 minute safety stop on my alterenate air source which is great practice, learnt that it’s best if only one of you control buoyancy as we both was putting air in and out of our BCD’s going up and down like yo-yo’s.

We also did two of Aarons PADI Specialty navigation dives one to work out his kick cycles, navigate a square and triangle which went well and the second to navigate around Alien Rock.
All in all good dives and good refresher for me good to keep skills up to date and as they say use them or lose them.
Also this week Aaron has been completing More of his speciality dives he’s really charging through them all for his PADI Master Scuba Diver, Fish ID was great spent all my time looking under rocks, loved this dive one of the best dives I’ve ever done found loads of interesting invertebrates like Feather Star Fish, Squat Lobster, Gun Fighter Shrimp (Pistol Shrimp), Brown Cowries and File Shell’s (Flame Scallop’s) to name a few that you don’t normally see when just swimming around.

I would of loved to have stayed down all day, when I surfaced I was really excited, and couldn’t wait to get back to the shop to look at my pictures.
Adel and Karina had their last dive of their holiday with us and we took them to El Puertito to see the Turtle’s.  Was Great dive, the Turtles must have stayed with us for 20 minutes.  Adel and Karina will be back in September to dive with Dive and Sea but sadly I will be long gone.

We had Teide Divers down to do skills circuit Kepa and Aaron did well in the water and on their Predive Safety Check and kit assembly.  Then we were off to do more 800 Meters snorkel and got better score to my stamina is still getting better even though I smoke like a chimney, Kepa and Aaron did there 100 meter tired diver tow and both got good scores too.
Went for a nice breakfast at the Aberdeen was looking forward to it all morning.

Went over physics with Pete and now it is as clear as mud! Think I’ve got it now though, will find out soon enough as I’m sitting the old Divemaster exam so find out my week knowledge areas to brush up on for my Assistant Instructor exam which I will be sitting soon.
Passed it all except for RDP should know better to busy worrying about physics, which I was really pleased with.

End of a great week we had a Discover Scuba Diver a Scuba Tune Up and a snorkeler in, well to say I had a bad day in a bit of an understatement !
Every think that could have gone wrong did.  Pete said we would have a day like this and did.
Learned a lot from it though and will never have a day like that again (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment