Friday, June 22, 2012

Certified PADI Divemaster


I have just finished my fourth week as a Divemaster intern for Dive and Sea Tenerife with Pete and Melissa.

I can't believe I am already half way through my internship.

It has been an exciting week for me since I finished everything needed to become a Divemaster. Now I can focus on getting some experience as a certified Divemaster.

We started the week with a fun trip to Yellow Mountain with Graham. We took him on two great dives, the first was to Alien Rock and the second to the swimthrough. As always there was so much life to see, we saw Bream, Damsels and one of my favourite fish the Wide Eyed Flounder. 

Crocodile Rock that we went to on our second dive always has so much aqualtic life hiding in the rocks so its always a fun dive for everyone.

The next day Melissa, Rodders, Graham, and I went to Abades. This was the first time I had been to that site and I absolutely loved it.  
The first dive we followed the coast line out to the right and we spent so much time looking in little crevices at the hidden life, we saw Scorpian fish, Cuttlefish, Annulated Brittle Stars, Fire worms and I found a fantastic Purple Star fish, it was so bright. 

The second dive was out across the beach and around the rocky reef, there was so much colour to see I thoght the dive was amazing, I can certinly see why this is one of Melissa favourite dive sites. 

Its well worth the walk down the beach. We saw a baby Black Moray Eel it was so tiny I have no idea how Melissa managed to spot it!

Another bright and sunny day and back off to Yellow mountain with Jane, Pete, Rodders, and Myself. 

Jane is a regular customer that did a discover scuba diving experience and hasn't yet managed to find the time to do her Open Water so she came back to do her DSD again. She was a blast to take out diving and she had two good dives her love of the ocean has not faded since her first dip.

The next day we took Jane and Balazs off to El Puertito to see the Turtles. We found three of the regular Turtles including a baby Turtle that was so interested in my hair. The Turtles were amazing to see as usual and we also saw some amazing fish and invertebrate.

On our second dive we headed off to the left hand side of the bay which was an area I have not seen on previous visits to the turtles, so despite Melissa saying it was unlikely we would see the Turtles over that side of the bay we still were joined by two friendly Turtles, we saw a huge Anemone, as well as Cuttlefish, and a shoal of Cow Bream, a really interesting alternative dive at El Puertito.

Teide divers have also been down for another visit this time for laurens Divemaster Skill cicuit. We all went down to the pool and started our skills thankfully this time I passed all of my skills. 

Then we took a quick trip down to the marina where we swam and did our deep water entry. Once we got back everyone went down to the Aberdene for a English breakfast which tasted amazing.

The week ended with two great dives with Pete, Balazs, and myself. We went out to the new site which we have not named yet where we saw a huge black moray Eel Petes said this was the largest one he had ever seen and a fangtooth moray both in the same small space. then we headed off to Pequeno Valle. We stumbled across two awesome Stingrays, a Round Stingray and an Eagle Ray. 

This has been a fun week and I cant wait to see what next week has in-store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment