Sunday, September 16, 2012

Leading Dives and living with an Australian Girl !


This week started with me being in charge for this week and it didn’t get of to the best start with being a busy day there was a lot to try to make sure it was getting done.


So we went for a nice relaxing dive in the morning at Abades as the next group of  interns were doing there induction.
This would be the first dive I have done with the new Divemaster, Gaz, that was back for being an intern last year, and out here to complete his PADI Instructors course.
 
There was a lot more people in the shop due to the new interns arriving and Hayley, Will, Jamie, Gaz and me were down at the marina for a while after cleaning kit. I learned a valuable life lesson that barnacles are much sharper that you might think, and if you were to jump into a marina don’t push against something covered in them unless you think it might be fun to limp around for a few days with a sore foot!


Alex and me were spending a day trying to get though a lot of the skills for our Divemaster course so it was sure to be a very busy day.
So we were straight in the pool with Pete to go through our skill sets. The skills went ok but I think I could have done a bit better with some things.


Then we did our 400m swim and I got my fastest time yet so I was happy with that, and then we did the treading water for 15 minute's. Now this I had never tried before and it was quite a bit harder that I thought it was going to be but it was over soon enough.


Then it was of to do our 800m snorkel and 100m tow.

The week finished with a shore dive with Alex, Todd, Jess, Hayley, Melissa and me at Abades. And I suspected that Alex and me would be leading these dive and my suspicion turned out to be true with Alex leading the first dive and me leading the second.


Although it was just four of us that were on the second dive , the dive went ok and we didn’t get lost but we did have a bit two long of a surface swim to get to and from are descent and assent points.

So its just me and Hayley in the apartment now that Matt has departed for the UK, but has been great sharing with an Australian and I am learning lots of new things !

Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment