Sunday, September 16, 2012

End of Part 1 for Hayley


So its my last week here at Dive and Sea Tenerife, as I am completing my Internship in 2 stage's.

I am now nice and familiar with how everything works, and what goes on in the day to day routine, which is good, I feel more comfortable in what I’m doing, and have already learnt so much and feel more confident, not only as a Diver but as a person.


There are still a few things I’m getting wrong but learning from my mistakes has proven to be a great way to learn and make everything sink in.

We have been on some lovely dives this week, started the week of diving at Abades, where we saw tonnes of marine life...to name a few: common octopus, cuttlefish, fangtooth moray eel, black moray eel, cleaner shrimp, wide eyed flounder, blue fin damselfish, scorpion fish….and…well if I wanted to name them all, I would be here all day!


On Friday I completed my PADI Advanced Open Water course, so I was quite happy with that!
We did lots of great adventure dives including: night dive, deep dive, drift dive, peak performance buoyancy and navigation so it was great to broaden my diving horizons and do things I have never done before.


A couple more dives at Yellow mountain, Poco Naufragio and Abades was good, starting to feel more comfortable underwater with my buoyancy improving.

One of my favourite dives of the week was with Will completing his navigation speciality at Yellow Mountain. 

He did a really good job, he took me around the Swim through, and over to Crocodile Rock, it was nice to just leisurely swim around and check everything out. I noticed that a group of fish followed us around for the entire dive, every time I would cut up a pesky black long spined sea urchin, they would all crowd around, and every time I pulled out my knife, they would dart straight towards it.

This week we welcomed new interns Geoffrey, Jess and Todd and said goodbye to Jake and Will. So, it was sad to see them go, but its good to have happy new faces around.

After coming here with no dives, I now have 23 dives and, I have discovered a new love for scuba diving, and I am really looking forward to doing more dives on my travels, and perhaps even furthering my education in the dive industry.

So with my last week of this part of my internship, I’m going to make the most of it, and take in as much as possible.

I will be back in the early part of next year to complete my Internship, but for now its bye bye from me.

Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment