Saturday, April 20, 2013

Second week: A really short one

Second week: A really short one
Adal aka Gary

PADI Dive Master candidiate

This week have being really short as i worked on my teaching duties in La Laguna Monday, Tuesday and Friday and also didn’t have to go on Thursday.
At last I finished the chapters of my Adventure Book and on Wednesday we went to Pequeño Valle and Moon Pools with a Dutch couple Jan (instructor) and Eleonora and had two relaxed dives, the first one was special for Jan, as he made his 400 dives and we where able to see a round ray and also we saw Alice wake a sleeping sting ray that was covered with sand and so many things, because the visibility was really good and we enjoyed going around this great places.

Then we had 2 Irish guys Niall and Emmett going for their Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) and my first time with Alice in the pool giving the DSD.
After the pool session and as Emelyne was going to meet her uncle, Pete, Alice the Irish guys and I went to the Marina for their first dives on Yellow Mountain.

Aquatic life Tenerife

On Sunday first Alice, Emelyne and I went to the pool and practiced our skills for a while, I think it looked much better than the first time we went to the pool but still lot of work to be done, and there are so many things on my to do list to get to PADI Divemaster, but hopefully will get over there in sometime ;).

Afterwards Melissa drove us to Abades and when we where getting ready for the dives Alice found another nickname for me as Gary Pineapple because I decide to put my hair on top, instead on my back.

This day Emelyne and I walked around the parking for a while, looking at our compass in a strange and crazy manner, also trying don’t be hite by cars as it where going to be our navigation dive.

We did two dives over there in the first one Alice Lead half ot the way and then Emelyne took as back to the meeting point, and then was our Fish Identification Dive in which we where able to see loads of fish, like Parrotfish, Blue-fin Damselfish, Atlantic Damselfish, White Bream, Black Bream, Ornate Wrasse, Diamond Lizardfish, Atlantic Lizardfish, Sharpnose Puffer, Bandtail Puffer, Wide-eyed Flounder, Blue Starfish, Arrow Crab, Spiny Fan-mussel Cotton Spinner, Fire worms, Sea Urchins, and much more.

Fang Tooth Moray

Also this day Emelyne’s and I did our first try at briefing, hopefully it will get to be briefings in some time, as this is something we will really need to work as this first time we had done with many gaps and not in a proper order, but anyway our first leading dives that we both did ok, not like our navigation dive in which because one of my mistakes was a bit chaotic, but anyway where 3 nice dives around there with lots seeing and also first time seeing a dive club or whatever with a quite crowded moment’s underwater in our second dive.

This was a really nice week where the clients where really nice and helpful and it also was a strange week as i will be away for nearly two weeks as next Monday and Tuesday I'm on my teaching duties and on Wednesday i begun my sort of holidays, with some days in Madrid and my first time to the Africa main land visiting Marroco.

Adal aka Gary aka Gary Pineapple ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment