Friday, April 26, 2013

The Return from Marroco, back to training as Divemaster

The Return from Marroco
Adal aka Gary aka Gary Pineapple

This was another short week as I arrived on Friday and only could go to work two days.

Diving in Tenerife

As I arrived to Tenerife on Friday from my holiday, back to the glorious sunshine and as some friends wanted to go for a short walk on the Anaga Mountains, after landing, just a moment to leave my luggage at home and them just gone for the walk from Restaurant Casa Carlos to Taborno and back to the Restaurant, in the North of the Island

Nice walk, nice views and relaxing time to go for the rest of the week and recover some strength to go back to the work.

So on Saturday we started with a pool session with Simon, Connor, Deborah and Lucy from Brighton doing their Discover Scuba Diving experience with Pete, Alice, Sam and I.  The guys did really well and are already avid snorkelers, the girls were happy with the pool session, but decided to just opt for a boat ride out.
http://divemasterinternshiptenerife.com/PADI-Divemaster-Internships-Tenerife-PADI-Courses.html

Later on Simon, Connor, Alice and I dived at Yellow Mountain and they enjoyed their dive, and Deborah and Lucy enjoyed their trip in the boat so it was good. As usual it was plenty off fish, some funny trumpet fish received as, the little sharpnose puffers and bandtail puffers going around, pass close to the garden eel and they enjoyed the dives.

This was my first full DSD from the beginning to the end with the dives acting as an Assistant I am looking forward to being able to teach the Discover Scuba Diving experience myself .

http://divemasterinternshiptenerife.com/PADI-Divemaster-Internships-Tenerife-Internships.html

On Sunday we have a couple of Dives one in Alien Rock and another in Crocodile Rock with Molly and Dan, from USA, but living in London, Jean Pierre from Belgium and Che from UK, Alice lead the dives and I was Sam’s buddy. The dives were really relaxing and you could see some of those reefs and quite a lot of fish including an octopus and a few red-backed cleaner shrimp and also was able to realise how does the black-long spined sea urchings destroys the environment for other species.

http://divemasterinternshiptenerife.com/PADI-Divemaster-Internships-About-Us.html
Later on just common things from a normal day, and also my second timing with 400 meters swim, which I really have to improve from here to the finishing of the internship.
It looks like I still messing with the rope of the boat, but at least I’m doing much better with the anchor.

It was a good experience to meet Sam, a Spanish Divemaster that did his internship two years ago and is working on London and return to enjoy the sunshine and diving feelings. Good talks and another hard worker.

http://divemasterinternshiptenerife.com/index.htmlAlso to say good bye to Sam, Peter an I went for a beer, as Sam was leaving before Wednesday when I’ll return to the diving duties. Peter is a new intern that will began on Monday  from now on nicknamed Patrick that is young to just retire from his previous duties.

Still Reading the Rescue Diver book, hope I’ll finish soon so I can work with the First Response, swimming and other skills I have to improve in those weeks. Anyway, improving, but a long way to go ;).

And I think this is it for now,
 Take care and good luck,
Adal aka Gary aka Gary Pineapple ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment