Monday, July 22, 2013

Diving and nights out in Las Americas!

Let’s see, this week Gerardo and Mel (Melissa, but there already is one of those so…) showed up and have been getting used to the way things work.

We did a couple dives at Yellow Mountain early this week where Gerardo and Mel went to find Ducky and Hannah and I went to learn how to use a lift bag.
Tenerife Diving

We also went on our first dive where it was only me and Hannah and we ended up spending half the dive killing sea urchins and to be honest it was super!

It was also our Divemaster exams this week, and Alice decided to torment me by not telling me my score until Hannah was done and then she held off until everyone was listening.
I was more nervous after the test than I was before it, in the end though I passed so it’s all good.

Red Back Cleaner Shrimp

We also did our final skills session in the pool with Pete and Alice. There were some good things and some bad things about our pool session, first Pete didn’t get out of the pool in disgust which was a huge plus. He did make fun of us quite a bit for not responding correctly to the signal for "how much air have you got"!  However I feel that it was slightly unwarranted as nobody else had ever asked us, but then Pete is the loving caring one!

But in the end I only have to redo 3 skills whereas Hannah has to redo 6, I’m obviously #1.

Melissa’s birthday also happened this week and we went out for the night and had quite the time, or at least I had quite the time, but I am not willing to discuss it!

I also had dinner with Will, Hannah, and Melissa this week and I made the pasta and it was delicious.

Night Diving Tenerife

My role was probably one of the most important of the meal and was constantly downplayed, I couldn't believe how ungrateful everyone was as I slaved away in the kitchen for at least 10-20 minutes. It was probably one of the most demoralizing moments of my life.
Melissa literally laid on the couch and said things like, “All you’re doing is boiling it in water,” and “you didn't make the pasta.” It was wonderful, but I must say I did enjoy the food in the end, I don’t know if it was because I put so much work and effort into it or if it was just delicious.

Fangtooth Moray Eels

We done a bunch of dives at other places too this week with some great guys.

Today though got to work on skills with Mel and Gerardo which was fun and got through my kit set up with them, they were pretty decent for first runs.

Malene and Theiss also started their internship and today was my first full day working with them and I think they will do well.

It’s weird having so many interns, I was used to rushing around and doing a lot of work every day but the amount I have to do myself now is quite a bit less it seems.

Either that or I am getting really lazy. Whatever it’s all working out and we are having a good time.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment