Friday, July 26, 2013

Manta Ray spotted in Tenerife :)

Monday we got out of the shop and went to Yellow Mountain on a Discover Scuba Dive and on the first dive we descended down and there was a Manta ray swimming above us, it was the biggest ray I’ve ever seen and it was one of a very few times while diving when I was completely amazed at what I was seeing.

Manta Ray Tenerife

It was a rare thing to see and really made me feel privileged, especially considering I’ve seen Dolphins as well since I’ve been here. The second dive was my 51st dive which means that my original diving log book was completely filled so I had to get another one.
My first entry into my new log book was on Independence Day, or July 4th, which is a big deal in the USA. Instead I got to work and basically completely forgot all about it until I got back after diving.

Independence Day

Luckily though the dives were awesome because it was the first time I’ve seen the Turtles at El Puertito. It was a PADI Discover Scuba Diving dive as well with Ann and some people she knew. Later that day I got to observe the Rescue diver course for Mel, Gerardo, Theiss, and Ann. It was really fun, me and Hannah just watched and and had a good laugh.
Later after all that we got kit ready for the night dive the next day.

So on the 5th the night dive led off the day and it was an awesome dive, I really enjoy the night dives and this one was much better than the first one I went on. Gerardo was my partner and we saw a small octopus and an eel completely out of its hole, it was just hugging the wall near the bottom of the ocean. There were also a ton of shrimp clinging onto the walls near the marina so when you put your flashlight on them you could see tons of little eyes staring back.

Night Diving Tenerife

The next few days are kind of a blur, but we worked on kitting up and getting in the water one day and Hannah and I did our final 800m swim, 100m tow, and 15 minute tread.
Nothing was too difficult and we did relatively well.
For Hannah and I that means that all we need to do is get to 60 dives at this point and we are both really close to be PADI Divemasters, so it should happen quite soon.
Octopus Tenerife

This week has been really fun with the new fish I saw and the turtles, plus we are almost to 60 dives!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment