Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sea Horse, Dolphins & Night Dives............... Just AWESOME :)

This week started off with me going to Poco Naufragio with Pete, James, and Birgit.
The dive started off in a special way because we saw dolphins right as we left the marina which I guess they hadn’t seen in at least 8 weeks, so that was cool. I have never seen dolphins out in the wild so it was awesome to see them jumping out of the water and doing all sorts of dolphin things right in front of me.
Me watching the Dolphins

That was also my first dive at Poco Naufragio so going through the canyon down there and seeing an eel was something new for me.
We also visited Pequeno Valle on that dive which was also new for me. The rest of the day was basically a normal day.
The week picked up Sunday though with Hannah and I going on separate dives, I think Hannah ended up in the pool while I ended up going to Las Eras which I enjoyed quite a bit, Melissa led that dive and Steven, James, Birgit, and Mick came with us. I saw a couple new fish, such as the red lipped blenny and really started to enjoy all the diving. It was very laid back and I enjoy talking to all the customers because they’ve all been all over the place.
In the US people go to Florida when they are on vacation but over here they travel to different countries because it’s a lot easier.
Las Eras was probably one of my favorite dives because we went along a pipeline the second time and after Melissa reminded me to pull out my flashlight I could look in literally every crack in the cement around the pipe and see different fish hiding in the dark. It was really cool, we also saw this little octopus in a hole just looking out at us and that was pretty funny.
The next day we had a lot of customers and everyone headed over to Abades for their dives.
Originally I was going with Pete, Patrick and the Discover Scuba Divers but then for some reason I had no weight belt and got switched into Melissa’s group with Mick, James, and Birgit which was fine with me.
Basically I ended up shoving 8 kg worth of spare weights into my pockets and running across the beach to catch up. It all worked out and we had 2 good dives.
On the second dive we saw a seahorse which Melissa couldn’t stop talking about. So it was a fun dive for all of us.
I’ve been getting lucky because I’ve only been here 3 weeks and I’ve seen dolphins and a seahorse.

Dolphins Tenerife, just awesome :)

Then on Friday I went to Pequeno Valle again with Pete, Sean, Kali, Yaro, and Hannah.
This was the dive when Hannah said she was cold and Pete being the nice, caring, and gentle individual that he always is, gave Hannah his extra hood because she was cold.
I couldn’t believe it, it was the biggest display of self sacrifice I think I have ever seen. Pete is so selfless and caring. I honestly cant remember what we did in the day in between, we do so much it all kind of blurs together.
Moray Eels in Tenerife

On Tuesday we went to the hotel though and we forgot the toolbox and forgot to take the inserts out of the tanks so I got to run from the hotel to the shop and back which was at least a mile and a half. That was in the middle of the day and in flip flops so it was super fun.

Just messing about :)

Basically the rest of the week was good, we did a couple of dives with Sean, Kali, and Yaro.
The first morning  was their first experience with a surface marker buoy and the second morning with them Hannah had the day off and we went to Tabaiba.

El Raton, Tabaiba, Tenerife

It was an experience with Kali, Sean, and Yaro and I also managed to forget Alice’s candy bar on more than one trip…Oh man.
The next day I got up at 4:45 to get to work at 5:15 for the night dive with Alice, Hannah, Sean, and Yaro.
I thought it was awesome. Even though it seems a bit more dangerous and scary especially when you first get in it was one of the coolest experiences of my life, if you wave your hand around in the water it lights up with luminescence or whatever they called it.
Night Diving Tenerife

It made me giggle like a little school girl, then descending down the line was insane because its just black all around you until you turn your light on.
The flashlight sort of allows you to focus on certain points so I ended up seeing a ton of scorpion fish and the biggest arrow crab I’ve seen. It was pretty tight.

Eric (Bananaman)

No comments:

Post a Comment